United Way’s Union County office hosted an appreciation breakfast for our most vital corporate partners, donors and volunteers – the people who are, in the words of campaign chair Phil Williams, “making a measurable impact in the lives of individuals right here in Union County.”
Four companies earned special recognition:
• Wingate University – Top Campaign Award – for overall campaign excellence and a 36% increase in its campaign
• Union County Public Schools – Largest Campaign Award – for raising more than $195,000
• ATI Specialty Materials – Largest Corporate Gift – for a corporate gift of $25,000
• Charlotte Pipe & Foundry, Plastics Division – Largest Special Event – for raising $185,750 through its annual golf tournament
Each of Union County’s top 10 fundraising campaigns were honored. In order, they were:
• Charlotte Pipe & Foundry, Plastics Division
• Union County Public Schools
• ATI Specialty Materials
• Tyson Foods
• Carolinas HealthCare System Union
• Union County
• RSC Chemical Solutions
• City of Monroe
• Wingate University
• UPS – Monroe
Beyond the special recognition and top 10 honorees, Outstanding Contribution Awards were earned by:
- Benton Heights Elementary School
- Bob Mayberry Hyundai
- City of Monroe Police Dept.,
- Colfax Fluid Handling
- Concrete Supply Co.
- Consolidated Metco Inc.
- First Citizens Bank
- Forest Hills High School
- Marshville Elementary School
- Marvin Elementary School
- Marvin Ridge Middle School
- Monroe High School
- Monroe Middle School
- Parkwood Middle School
- Piedmont High School
- Piedmont Natural Gas
- South Piedmont Community College
- State Utility Contractors Inc.
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Weddington High School
- Western Union Elementary School
In addition to its Largest Campaign Award, and along with many of its schools earning individual awards, Union County Public Schools and Superintendent Dr. Andrew Houlihan were recognized for the new “Books and Brackets” challenge in conjunction with United Way that resulted in 3,000 3rd graders reading 26 million minutes’ worth of books in March.
United Way also honored 2016 Board Chair Cindy Coto of Union County, 2016 Community Investment Chair Chad Griffin of Charlotte Pipe & Foundry, 2016 Campaign Chair Phil Williams, and 2016 Day of Caring Chair Dr. Tom Bulla of Union County Public Schools for their critical leadership.
The event was hosted and sponsored by Carolinas HealthCare System Union.
See more on Facebook!