An annual donation to United Way demonstrates your commitment to making our community a better place today. But what about the future? How can you have a lasting, local impact on generations to come? By joining our Legacy Society, you help ensure that our youngest children are nurtured, our families are strengthened, our youth are successful, and our neighbors in crisis receive the help they need.
The Legacy Society was created to honor and recognize caring people who have made an outright or deferred gift to our endowment. This endowment is overseen by a separate board of directors and is invested by the highly respected and trusted Foundation For The Carolinas, our partners in philanthropy.
Fighting for Our Community's Future
By joining our Legacy Society, you shape the future of our community. Your gift to our endowment helps:
- Invest in focused and strategic community collaborations that address high-priority human service issues identified by community needs assessment research
- Provide sustained funding that is responsive to the needs of our neighbors in any years when our communities suffer economic downturn or natural disaster
- Support United Way operating costs so more annual campaign funds go directly to investing in solutions for community needs
- Perpetuate one's annual gift
With thoughtful planning, you can make a difference for future generations. A properly planned gift may:
- Provide an income for life
- Reduce/eliminate capital gains taxes
- Generate a current income tax deduction
- Reduce/eliminate gift and estate taxes
One easy, cost-effective way to become a Legacy Society member is United Way Life; those who choose a policy of $250,000 or more are elevated to the Tocqueville Legacy Circle, a society recognized by United Way internationally.
Or simply talk to your estate planner about including United Way in your will.
"The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit." -Nelson Henderson