The United Way Volunteer Center provides group and individual volunteer opportunities across our five-county region. We make it easy - just tell us whether you are volunteering with a group or on your own, your availability, and your skills or interests, and we’ll find the perfect opportunity for you!
There is no better way to create change than to volunteer right where needs are being served daily. Volunteerism also magnifies the impact of your donations, helping every dollar invested go farther.
Here are a few examples of how to help in our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in throughout the community:
- Serve as a mentor/tutor for elementary through high school students
- Volunteer as a reading buddy and/or lunch buddy
- Engage with children in after-school and summer programs
- Provide career shadowing/internships
- Provide financial coaching in budgeting or tax preparation
- Help build a home, construct a wheelchair ramp, or make small repairs
- Assist with résumé building and interview training
- Serve/provide a meal, or run errands for elderly or disabled individuals
Empowering Healthy Lives
- Assist at a free health/dental clinic
- Provide a ride to the doctor
- Provide support and friendship through the compeer program
- Serve as an advocate
Our Volunteer Center can help you engage your employees and provide them with enjoyable, rewarding teambuilding opportunities, all while giving back to the community where you do business.
- Ongoing or done-in-a-day opportunities
- Group sizes from 5 - 500
- Year-round, including holidays
- Open to all groups - corporate, civic, faith, and youth
Hands On Charlotte is now the volunteer arm of United Way! To learn more about that news, please click here.
Our Hands On Charlotte team can direct you to a strong fit for your skills and interests, including:
- Ongoing or one-time service opportunities
- Recruiting for nonprofit boards of directors, as well as fundraising, community investment, or event committees
- Agencies in need of skills-based counsel to advise and support a lean staff (i.e. human resources, IT, finance/audit, communications, and others)
Volunteering with peers is at the heart of all four of our engagement groups: A-LIST, LINC, Women United, and Young Leaders. If you’re interested in making a difference while networking and meeting new friends, click on any of these links to learn more and join today!