On Friday, October 22, nearly 140 volunteers came together to deliver the gift of a brand new playground at Sterling Elementary School as part of the 17th Charlotte Playground Build.
A safe, fun school playground can cost over $80,000. Which is why United Way of Central Carolinas united volunteers from 13 different sponsoring companies to help build a dream playground for over 700 students at Sterling, located just west of South Blvd. in Pineville.
In addition to installing the new playground equipment, volunteers also:
- Put down 100 cubic yards of playground mulch
- Built eight picnic tables and five planter benches
- Created three decorative rock gardens
- Re-painted a jogging track and blacktop games in the bus parking lot
- Cleaned up other areas around campus
We are incredibly thankful to our volunteers for all their hard work!
Special shout out to this year’s sponsors:
- Atrium Health
- Budd Group
- Charlotte Center City Partners
- Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority
- First Horizon Bank Foundation
- First National Bank
- Foundation For The Carolinas
- Messer Construction
- Novant Health
- Pineville Neighbors Place
- Rodgers Builders
If you or your team is interested in being part of a future playground build, contact Bob Young at email@example.com.