Eight Local Employers Recognized for Commitment to Community
Elliott Davis, EY, Grant Thornton, McGuire Woods LLP, Sealed Air, Tyson Foods, US Bank, and Wingate University have all been named Spirit of North Carolina Award winners for their support of United Way’s work across the Charlotte region.
The Spirit of North Carolina Award recognizes businesses and other organizations leading their communities in embracing a united spirit of giving and volunteering. The winning companies were nominated by United Way of Central Carolinas and honored in Pinehurst on Wednesday by United Way of North Carolina at its Spirit of North Carolina Award Luncheon.
“The Spirit of North Carolina Award recognizes the collaborative partnerships United Way builds with its supporters,” said Sean Garrett, executive director of United Way of Central Carolinas. “We are honored to recognize these organizations as key partners in our fight for the education, health and financial stability of every person in our community.”
Local Spirit of North Carolina Award Winners by Industry
- Elliott Davis | Professional Services (101-200 Employees)
- EY | Professional Services (1001-1500 Employees)
- Grant Thornton | Professional Services (201-500 Employees)
- McGuire Woods LLP | Professional Services (201-500 Employees)
- Sealed Air Corporation | Manufacturing (501-1000 Employees)
- Tyson Foods | Manufacturing (1501-2500 Employees)
- US Bank: Charlotte Metro Region | Financial/Banking (501-1000 Employees)
- Wingate University | Higher Education (201-500 Employees)
Winners were determined by a panel of 20 judges from United Way organizations across the state. In addition to demonstrating excellence in their United Way campaign, these winners have also displayed a strong philanthropic culture and community engagement. All received high marks for overall organizational volunteer culture, including collaborative work with United Way as well as other organizations in the community; corporate and non-traditional or in-kind support they provide; employee engagement, participation, and recognition; use of special events to engage and educate employees; and the role their leadership plays in promoting a culture of philanthropy and community support.